Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fool?

I just spoke to a friend. Or rather, someone which i thought is a friend.

Somehow, he is doing well, freelancing at a local advertising company, earning some money and also exposing himself to the marketing world. I, then, asked myself. Is it really good to start a business now, with no knowledge whatsoever of the market and what the world outside is like. Am I behind my peers in terms of knowledge and exposure? How do I catch up with them?

With that thinking, I started to ask more, in an attempt to learn more from him. I admit that perhaps, I wasn't too interested in the industry before. I am not fully aware of what is going on in this industry. And that naivety showed. I got dissed. He told me that I am not made out for this industry if I don't even understand it, that perhaps I should look for other opportunities. Honestly, I am pissed. Fucking pissed. You shall see one day that I will make it.

"Ask and be a fool for five. Don't ask and be a fool for life."

By doing what he did, he motivated me. I will do it and I will make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home